Melbourne Renovations Guide to Creating the Kitchen of Your Dreams
The kitchen is the heart of the home, and it is the most used room in any house. As we spend so many of our waking hours there preparing meals, cleaning, grabbing snacks, and drinking coffee with friends, it seems only natural to make sure the room serves your needs. When fixing up any house, people usually begin with the kitchen, and there is no better team for your kitchen renovations in Melbourne than Melbourne Renovations. We have unparalleled experience in delivering Australian families their dream homes, and we understand the importance of finding the balance between functionality, aesthetic, and budget when engaging in kitchen makeovers in Melbourne. If you’re wondering where to begin, we’ve developed this quick guide to help you kickstart the planning for your Melbourne kitchen renovations.
Keep Functionality in Mind
One of the most important things to consider when planning any aspect of your kitchen refurbishment in Melbourne is functionality. Only you understand how you use your kitchen and what the space means to you, so it’s essential to implement changes that help you enjoy your kitchen. Here are a few points of functionality for you to consider when dreaming up your ideal kitchen.
- Maintenance. If your dream kitchen has a natural marble benchtop and an intricate mosaic splashback, it is probably going to look good. However, it’s going to be a nightmare to clean. Unless you want to spend hours scrubbing stains off the bench and cleaning splatters out of the grout, we suggest investing in easy-to-maintain materials and patterns. Find that balance between stylish and straightforward.
- Space. Imagine this; you’re trying to prepare dinner. Your partner is pouring a glass of wine, one child has their homework spread over the counter, the other child is squeezing around you to investigate snack options, and the dog is running between your feet. Does this sound familiar at all? It’s a sign that you’ll want to factor more space into your kitchen renovation in Melbourne. You can maximise on space by widening walkways in the kitchen, installing a spacious island bench, and ensuring your kitchen is open plan.
- Convenience. You don’t want to be rifling around in the pantry for the right spice, and you don’t want to have to pull dozens of Tupperware containers out just to access the right bowl. Try to plan your kitchen makeover in Melbourne to suit your day-to-day needs. Make sure you do plenty of research and create a vision board of all the items that will enhance convenience in your kitchen.
Consider Your Future in Your Home
When planning your Melbourne kitchen renovation, you must consider your future within your home. You need to find a balance between what you need from your kitchen right now and what you’ll need from it in the future, as this will drastically impact your design decisions.
- Starting/growing your family. If you see babies in the future, make sure you plan for them in your renovation, even if you don’t have them right now. If your family is going to grow, make sure to create a spacious kitchen and consider things like childproof cabinets.
- The birds are leaving the nest. If you have older teenagers and you see them leaving home in the next few years, you might want to look at integrating kitchen features you can enjoy in your child-free years.
- You’re renting the property out. Leasing a property in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs can be very profitable. However, to grab the attention of high-quality, long-term tenants, you need to consider their needs while carrying out your kitchen facelift in Melbourne.
- You’re selling the property. When you watch The Block, the couple who make the outlandish, daring style choices usually win the weekly competitions. However, the real winners are the couple who flew under the radar creating safe, neutral designs. They’re property usually sells for the highest price at auction because they’ve made a home in which people can see themselves living. When carrying out a kitchen refurbishment in Melbourne, try to consider what buyers will want in their new kitchen.
6 Trends for Kitchen Renovations in Melbourne That We Can’t Get Enough Of
If you’re looking for some inspiration to fuel your kitchen remodel in Melbourne, we have a few trendy ideas. The team at Melbourne Renovations love these design trends because they have a classic, timeless quality, so you won’t feel the need to refresh your kitchen again in a couple of years.
- Integrated appliances. Keeping fridges, freezers, and dishwashers integrated allows you to maintain design cohesiveness across the kitchen. Look for opportunities to blend your devices seamlessly into your design.
- A breakfast bar that extends into a table. If you have a combined kitchen and dining area, you can maximise on space by having a dining table that extends off your kitchen counter. This creative idea allows you to maintain a cohesive design across rooms.
- Hanging pot rack. Why stack your pots untidily in a cupboard? Remember, the kitchen is supposed to be a functional space, so hanging your pots and pans on a rack over your bench space creates convenience and more storage space.
- An unbroken splashback. No grout = easier to clean. Unbroken splashbacks are becoming increasingly popular amongst kitchen renovations in Melbourne, and it’s not hard to see why. Most people are opting for a solid colour or marble, but no one is saying you can’t have fun with colour.
- Warm finishes. The days of the steel and concrete kitchen are dwindling. More and more people are choosing to incorporate wood finishes and warm earthy design features into their kitchen makeovers in Melbourne.
- Open shelves. If you’d like your kitchen to have some personality and character, open shelves are a quaint, artistic way to achieve this. Make sure to keep clutter out of sight and coordinate the items on display with the rest of your kitchen.
When Planning Kitchen Renovations in Melbourne, Contact Renovations Melbourne
The team at Melbourne Renovations have unparalleled experience in assisting Aussies in bringing their renovation dreams to life. If you’re planning kitchen renovations in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs, we can help you create a personalised, flexible plan to fit your budget. Our business is Australian owned and operated, and the owner is on-site at your renovation, delivering a premium service every single time. You can rest easy knowing that your renovation is in the best, most qualified of hands. If you’re interested in learning more about our services or you’d like to begin your kitchen renovation in Melbourne, don’t hesitate to contact us today.