Signs That You Should Consider Bathroom Renovations in Melbourne
Aside from the kitchen, the bathroom is probably the most expensive and challenging room of the house to renovate. When the time comes to give it a facelift, you’ll want to make sure you’re enlisting the help of experts in bathroom renovations in Melbourne. The team at Melbourne Renovations have unparalleled experience in undertaking bathroom renovations in the south-eastern suburbs, so your project will be in the safest of hands. So, how will you know when it’s time to organise your bathroom makeover in Brisbane? The team have come up with a few clear signs that indicate you need to start planning your Eastern suburbs bathroom renovations.
When to Renovate Your Bathroom
If any of the following crop up, it may be time to call Melbourne Renovations and start planning a bathroom renovation in Melbourne.
- If you’re selling your property. Naturally, you’ll want to add value to your home and sell it for the best price possible, and a bathroom renovation is one of the best ways to do so. If you plan strategically, you can increase the sale value of your home while keeping your renovation costs down. Have a chat with the Melbourne Renovation team to find out how we can create a bathroom renovation in the Eastern suburbs that will help you make more on your sale.
- If your family is growing. While the current layout of your bathroom may be working for you, will it be the same when you add a few children into the mix? Before your family grows, make sure to organise your bathroom remodel in Melbourne so your home can cater for a few extra people.
- If you need a change of scenery. Have you been looking at the same dreary tiles for years? Are your basins cracked and yellowing? Do your faucets look like they’ve seen better days? If your bathroom space doesn’t bring you happiness, it’s a sure-fire sign that it’s time for bathroom renovations in your South East Melbourne property.
- If there are serious issues with your existing bathroom. The most crucial thing is that your bathroom is in working condition. If your bathroom is causing you issues in your home, you need to organise a renovation rather than allowing the problem to get worse. If you leave it for too long, the cost may climb higher and higher.
Things to Consider Before Doing Bathroom Renovations in Melbourne
Before you jump right into your bathroom renovations, take a moment or two to consider the following points.
- Do you need to reconfigure your bathroom or is your renovation surface level? Superficial bathroom makeovers in Melbourne are less costly, whereas it can be prohibitively expensive to change all the plumbing in your bathroom to relocate showers, basins, and toilets.
- Can you incorporate natural light into your bathroom? An increasingly popular trend for Melbourne bathroom renovations is the inclusion of plenty of natural light. People are using more skylights and frosted windows to save on electricity. Windows also keep the bathroom ventilated and fresh.
- Can you maximise on storage? Quite often, the cupboard under the sink simply doesn’t cut it in terms of storage. Look at medicine cabinets, drawers, and shelves to attempt to increase your storage capacity.
- Will you be installing a shower, a bath, or both? While it can be tempting to do away with the bathtub and build a larger shower, you should consider your future within the house. If you’re planning on having kids or selling the property in the next 5-10 years, it’s probably worthwhile to include a tub in your bathroom renovations in the Eastern suburbs.
5 Bathroom Trends the Melbourne Renovations Team Love
To kick off your inspiration and Pinterest board, the team at Melbourne Renovations have narrowed down a few gorgeous bathroom trends that we see standing the test of time.
- Natural elements. Whether it’s plants, rough stone, or wooden finishes, natural elements are becoming increasingly popular in the bathroom. There’s something whimsical and romantic about bringing nature back into a Melbourne bathroom renovation.
- Bright colours. Whether you choose to install a bright coloured bathtub, colour accents in the tiles, or vibrant cabinetry, you can be as bold as you’d like. Gone are the days of plain white bathrooms; you can let your creativity run wild.
- Gold accents. Nothing makes a bathroom feel luxurious quite like gold. Accented mirrors, faucets, or cabinet handles can give your bathroom an air of decadence and vintage beauty.
Melbourne Renovations Are Your Go-To Builders for Bathroom Renovations in Melbourne
The team at Melbourne Renovations have unparalleled experience in assisting Aussies in bringing their renovation dreams to life. We specialise in creating personalised, flexible renovation plans to fit every budget, and we strive to deliver a premium service every single time. Melbourne Renovations is an Australian owned and operated business, and the owner is on-site at your renovation all the time. You can rest easy knowing your bathroom renovation in Melbourne’s Eastern suburbs is in the best, most qualified of hands. If you’re interested in learning more about our services or you’d like to begin your home renovation in Melbourne, don’t hesitate to contact us today.